Online Vehicle Registration for Michigan Residents
Why renew with us?
Frequently Asked QuestionsIs this the official Michigan Registration site?
No, StateRegistration.org is an independent third-party agency. If it was your intention to visit the official state site, you can access it via this link.What are the eligibility requirements for renewing my registration online through this site?
- The vehicle must be currently registered with the Michigan SoS.
- It is no more than 6 months prior to your registration expiration.
- It is no more than 18 months after your registration has expired and your insurance on file with the SoS is still active.
- You own or lease the vehicle.
- All the personal and vehicular information on your registration renewal is correct.
- You do not need to submit any additional documents in order to complete your registration (i.e. receipt of tickets paid).
- The vehicle has a current emissions inspection, if you live in an E-Check county.
You will need:
- Your license plate number.
- Your PIN number (if completing a PIN transaction).
- A printer to print a copy of your temporary registration (if completing a PIN transaction).
- A valid Visa, Discover or MasterCard.
In addition to the fees you owe the state for your renewal, StateRegistration.org charges an additional agency fee starting at $15.00 to offer benefits that are unavailable through the state portal, including One-Click registration renewals. If you do not wish to pay these fees to use our service, you may visit the official state site to complete your registration renewal.When will I receive my renewed registration in the mail?
Once your registration has been processed with the Secretary of State, it can take up to 14 business days to receive your renewed tag in the mail.If I have moved, do I need to have my address changed before I use your site?
Yes, if your address has changed, you will need to update it with the SoS before using our site. You can update your address online by updating the address on your driver license. Once your driver license is updated, your vehicle registration will be updated as well and you can proceed with renewing your registration through our site.Will I receive new plates through this service?
License plates 10 or more years old must be replaced when renewed. However, you cannot receive new plates through our online renewal service. You can only order new plates by mail or at a physical SOS location.What renewal options do I have when I use this site? Can I print my temporary registration after completing a transaction?
- You have two options when renewing your Michigan vehicle registration through our site. If you are renewing your registration and do not need to update your address, your registration has not yet expired and you do not need to print a temporary permit, you can use our Express Renewal process.
- If your registration has expired, you can still renew through our site you will just need to do a PIN transaction. You must enter the state issued PIN on your renewal notice and at the end of your registration you will be able to print a temporary registration from our site.
Yes, but only if you do a PIN transaction. PIN transactions will not work under the following circumstances:
- If the PIN is entered incorrectly.
- If the registration has already been renewed.
- If the PIN is from the previous year’s renewal notice.
- If the license plate has expired and a late fee is now due.
When you renew with our assistance, you benefit from these valuable enhancements to the standard online process:
- One-Click Renewal: When you submit your renewal request on our site, we store your information securely for rapid, convenient processing in the future. This saves you the trouble of having to remember when to renew, as well as the time spent re-submitting lengthy online forms.
- Fast Status Checks: Looking for an update? We provide our users with a proprietary fast status check tool. Just type in your plate number and email address, and our system will provide you with a quick and accurate update on the status of your renewal.
- SoS Advocates: Sometimes issues arise with a renewal, causing it to be delayed or even denied. This is inconvenient, but it can also be time-consuming. You could end up waiting on hold for up to an hour trying to speak to a SoS agent. We take away that burden by dealing directly with the SoS on your behalf, no matter how long it takes to get through.
- Error-Free Processing: A single mistake when submitting your renewal request can result in delays, or even denial. Our processing agents review your data carefully and communicate with you to correct potential problems before they occur, ensuring an error-free submission to the state.
- 24/7 Email Support: Our agents are standing by to answer your questions and resolve issues on your behalf 24/7, even on holidays. You’ll never have to wait until the next business day for a reply or resolution. And you’ll always get fast, friendly support.
- Site Availability: The Michigan site may go down for maintenance from time to time. Our site is rarely down. We’re always online and available to process your renewal.
- Alternative Payment Options: We offer modern payment options, such as Paypal Checkout, that are not available through the official state portal.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We offer all of these benefits to make the renewal experience better for you. But if we fail in any way to meet or exceed your expectations, contact support and let us know. We’ll do whatever we can to make it right.
Other Helpful Links and Popular Resources
- One-Click Renewals
- Fast Status Checks
- FREE Sticker Replacement
- Secure Processing
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Night/Weekend Support
- Multiple Payment Options
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia