Terms of Service
Last updated: December 21, 2016
- You acknowledge that our site and services are not intended for users under age 18.
- You acknowledge that this site is not affiliated with any official government agency or office.
- You acknowledge that the payment of our fees and the use of our services is not required in order to process official government registrations, filings, or applications. As described elsewhere throughout our site, we offer benefits and assistance not otherwise available from government agencies or websites, and any additional fees we charge are for these benefits.
- You agree that any information you provide to us is accurate and true to the best of your knowledge.
- You agree that each transaction on our site is accompanied by a non-refundable processing fee, not to exceed $4.75.
- In no event shall we be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this site. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- You acknowledge that we have not reviewed all of the sites linked to from this website and we are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
- Any claim relating to this website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- You acknowledge that renewing through this site involves enrollment in our One-Click* Renewal Program. You acknowledge that our authorization to process a registration renewal transaction on your behalf will be granted for this transaction and all future transactions associated with this vehicle. As a member of our One-Click* Renewal program, your payment information will be stored with a third party processor in order to complete the future billing transactions. You agree to allow us to charge your card for the sole purpose of renewing your vehicle registration. For each One-Click* Renewal transaction, you will be charged the amount required to renew your registration with the state at that time, plus our agency fee. The rate and fees are subject to change over time, but the current rates and are posted prominently on our site and throughout the checkout path. By default, the date for your One-Click* Renewal will be set to one year from the time of your original transaction on our website or to the date provided to us by the state. However, your One-Click* Renewal date may be adjusted by our staff if we determine that renewing one year from the time of your original transaction will result in a late renewal. You will be notified via email before you are due to renew, and will need to opt-in to take advantage of our services by confirming your personal, billing and vehicle information is up-to-date and accurate. You will not automatically be billed on an annual basis and you will never be billed without reviewing your order and consenting to have us process the transaction. You acknowledge that your payment information will be stored with a third party payment processor, and you acknowledge that StateRegistration.org and its owners are not responsible for the security of the third-party server. While this third party payment processor maintains the highest level of security to protect customer data, we cannot guarantee in any way that your information will be free from unwanted access while it resides in their system. You agree that StateRegistration.org and its owners may not be held liable for any damages that may result from the storage of your information on a third party system, or for any breach of your sensitive personal information. StateRegistration.org and its owners maintain the right to cancel your automatic billing at any time, for any reason, without notice. At any time, you may cancel your One-Click* Renewal by emailing us directly and requesting a cancellation. Please allow 3 business days to process your request.
- You agree to be contacted via email, text and/or phone by our support staff for the limited purpose of communicating with you about your registration renewal. Examples of communication we may send to you include confirmation emails, status updates, reminders, requests for additional or corrected information, etc. It is your responsibility to provide accurate contact information to ensure the successful delivery of these messages. For delivery of text messages, standard message and data rates may apply.
- If we cannot complete your renewal successfully because you have not responded to a request for additional or corrected information, or because you have failed to obtain a passing inspection in a timely manner, or because the state has denied your renewal, you agree that a fee of $4.75 will be assessed upon cancellation. In all other cases, if we cannot successfully renew your registration, the transaction will be cancelled and refunded except for a non-refundable $1.50 processing fee.
- You acknowledge that once a renewal has been processed with the state and an official confirmation has been issued, your transaction through this site cannot be cancelled for a refund. The only exception is if the state or county office subsequently denies the renewal. In this case, a refund credit will be issued.
- You acknowledge that this site charges an agency fee in order to process your renewal on your behalf. Fees may vary based on state and vehicle type, but the current agency fee rates are posted prominently throughout our site and on our Fees page, and are presented to you on your order summary page before checkout. Payment of this fee, and the use of our services, is not required in order to process official government registrations, filings, or applications. As described elsewhere throughout our site, we offer benefits and assistance not otherwise available from government agencies or websites, and the fee we charge is for these benefits.
- Customer service is provided for all inquiries or concerns 24/7 via email only.
- You acknowledge that it is solely your responsibility to ensure that your registration is renewed on time and is kept up-to-date in state records. If you renew late, we are not liable for any fees or penalties you receive for driving with expired registration. If your transaction through our site fails, or if your renewal request is denied, you are responsible for contacting your state, either in person or by mail, to complete the process of renewing your registration. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the delivery of renewed stickers (where applicable). Renewed stickers are mailed out by the state once your renewal request has been approved. If you do not receive your sticker or documents in a timely manner, you must contact your state office to have it re-issued to your address.
- You acknowledge that selling your vehicle after renewal has been processed does not entitle you to a refund. Purchased registration remains with the vehicle and will not be refunded if the vehicle is sold.
- We itemize charges on the billing page for your review prior to checkout. However, some fees are estimates only and are subject to change. If additional fees are due, they will be added to your final billing total. If the estimated fees were too high, you will only be charged the amount actually due to the state, plus our agency fee. You therefore acknowledge that the final amount billed to your card is subject to change, and may or may not reflect the total amount displayed to you on the itemized transaction page on our site.
- If required by your state, your vehicle must have a passing inspection or emissions test on file. If a passing inspection is not on file, we will contact you and place your renewal on hold for a period of up to three days . If you fail to reply with confirmation of a passing inspection within a reasonable time-frame, your transaction will be cancelled and refunded in accordance with these terms.
- Use of our site to renew your registration entitles you to one free replacement of your registration documents and/or sticker. If you lose your registration documents, you must obtain a replacement from your state's BMV. Once you have obtained your replacement, simply send us an email requesting a credit for the amount due to the state. We will credit this amount back to your card to compensate you for the cost of your replacement.
- By using this website, you will not be given the option to purchase new plates or replace existing plates. In some states, this option is available through the online system. If it is your intention to purchase a new plate, replace an existing plate or upgrade to a customized plate or novelty plate, you must use the state system, where applicable.
- You acknowledge that a portion of every transaction on this site may be donated by the parent company of StateRegistration.org to one of several Ohio funds.
- You acknowledge that the confirmation provided at the end of your transaction is NOT authorization to operate your vehicle. Ohio Revised Code 4503.21 states ' ... No person who is the owner or operator of a motor vehicle shall fail to display in plain view on the front and rear of the motor vehicle the distinctive number and registration mark, including any county identification sticker and any validation sticker issued under sections 4503.19 and 4503.191 of the Revised Code...' Therefore, violation of this law may result in a citation and/or fine. You should expect to receive your plates and/or registration in the mail within 10-15 business days of your transaction.
- You acknowledge that we are not a deputy registrar, nor do we perform the actions of a deputy registrar. We do not have a physical presence or office location in Ohio. We do not meet with customers in-person. We do not handle or maintain paperwork or physical records. We do not employ runners to submit applications and other paperwork, either in-person or otherwise, to any state or county offices. We do not handle title applications of any kind. We merely assist with the online renewal process. With the expressed and informed consent of our site's users, we submit information through the online BMV portal on their behalf to facilitate the renewal process. In addition to this task, we provide supplemental benefits to our site's users, such as recurring auto-renewal, 24/7 support, and other benefits outlined elsewhere on our site.
- You recognize that, by using our service in the state of Ohio, you will only have the option to renew your registration for a single year at a time, with One-Click* Renewals available annually. If you use the official state portal, you may have options to renew for longer periods of time, in some cases up to 5 years. If this is what you require, please use the official state site.
- Use of this site entitles you to Ticket Protection. If you receive a ticket for expired registration that was renewed through our site, we will reimburse the portion of the citation cost related to the expired registration, not to exceed $300. You may be reimbursed either via a refund on your original transaction, or a payment made to you via Paypal credit or a prepaid debit card, but payments will never be granted via check or cash. This benefit applies only to qualifying citations, and may be redeemed only once per qualifying transaction through our site. To qualify, the citation must have been received for a plate that was renewed through our site while the prior registration was still valid, and the ticket can not have been been received prior to your transaction with us. You must contact us within 90 days of the transaction on our site, and you must provide a photo of the citation to us for validation. We have the right to refuse any Ticket Protection request through this site for any reason, but will honor requests that follow these guidelines and that we deem to be legitimate based upon the information provided to us.
*One-Click Renewals are not guaranteed to be completed with a single mouse-click. In some instances, additional information may be required before we can renew your registration, such as billing updates, address updates, or insurance policy information updates. It may take more than one mouse-click to renew your registration through this program. Unless otherwise specificed, one-click renewals use the same information you provided to us for the previous year's renewal, however you may be given the option to edit some of the information (such as shipping address) during the checkout process. The information that will be carried over year-to-year includes your plate number, personal contact information, and, when applicable, your VIN number, Title Number, donation preferences, vehicle designation and vehicle type, and any other information that had been provided for the purpose of processing your transaction.
If you have any questions about our site policies, you may contact us directly at Support@StateRegistration.org. Thank you.
- One-Click Renewals
- BMV Advocates
- Free Sticker Replacement
- Secure Processing
- Night/Weekend Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fast Response Times
- No Maintenance Time
- More Payment Options
- Text Notifications
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia